Good Candidates for Invisalign
Invisalign is the most popular form of braces and teeth straightening devices on the market today. It has many different advantages over metal braces, including few to no dietary restrictions and no visible metal wiring, and many people find it preferable both in comfort and in style.
Yet not everyone is a candidate for Invisalign braces. Some people may still benefit from metal braces, or other orthodontic treatments. Dr. Rashidi of Remarkable Smiles is a trained orthodontist that will give you an honest assessment of your current smile issues, and the best way to determine whether Invisalign is a good choice for you is to contact us today at (949) 770-8011 .
What Makes a Good Invisalign Candidate?
The Invisalign treatment system is very effective, but not right for everyone. Candidates for Invisalign should meet the following criteria:
- Mild to Moderate Orthodontic Issues – Invisalign is very effective for mild to moderate crooked teeth, overbites, and underbites. It is not advised for severe orthodontic issues, which tend to require a more comprehensive treatment plan.
- Teenagers and Adults – Invisalign is best for those that have all of their permanent teeth with a smile that is no longer growing. Generally this means that it is not advised for children, especially those with baby teeth.
- Desire for Clarity – Metal braces are still very effective, and Dr. Rashidi offers metal braces to patients across Orange County. The Invisaligntherapy are best for those that think they’ll feel ashamed of their smile with metal braces, and want a clear alternative.
- Ready for the Treatment – Invisalign is a relatively easy system. But it requires a complete following of all instructions. That is because if you spend too much time with the aligners off, or you fail to care for them correctly, the entire system may need to be recreated from scratch. Invisalign should only be used by those ready to use it exactly as it is meant to be used.
- Healthy Teeth – Generally, it is important to make sure that you have healthy teeth and gums, free of any open cavities and without any known gum disease. This is designed to make sure that your teeth will respond well to treatment, and will not receive further damage.
Although all of the above features are used to determine whether you are a good candidate for Invisalign, the most important thing you can do is see Dr. Rashidi, and let him and his team assess your smile and figure out the best treatment plan for your teeth and your smile. Call us today to get started.