How to Care For Your Teeth During Invisalign Use
There are many different reasons to keep your gums and teeth clean and healthy. Not only do sparkling white teeth improve self-esteem and self-confidence, but having good dental hygiene is important to ensure that you are able to prevent tooth decay and gum disease – issues that are
In addition, research has shown that oral health is an integral part of your general health. The World Health Organization states that oral health is a determining factor for quality of life. Diseases of the mouth that can increase your risk for heart disease in addition to restricting your activities while lowering your confidence levels.
Fortunately, it is easy to make sure that your teeth are strong and healthy, as long as you care for your teeth regularly and make dental hygiene a priority.
How to Have Healthy Teeth and Gums
With the appropriate level of care, your gums and teeth can remain healthy for years to come. These simple steps for caring for your teeth will take you a long way towards overall health and a beautiful smile.
- Brushing – Brushing your teeth at least twice a day is an important factor in oral health. Making sure that you brush teethoften will help to reduce the amount of plaque in your mouth. Layers of plaque are what leads to a buildup acid that erodes your teeth, and brushing removes the germs that create plaque.
- Flossing – 31% of people in the U.S. do not floss their teeth. Yet flossing is very important to dental health. Flossing gets the plaque between your teeth that brushing cannot reach. If this plaque stays in your mouth, it can harden into tartar that eats away at your gum line and can cause significant tooth and gum decay.
- Rinse Your Mouth – Most mouthwashes are cosmetic, and are used to prevent bad breath. But for some people, a therapeutic mouthwash can have tremendous value. Several mouthwashes, like Peridex, are known to effectively prevent gingivitis. Talk to your dentist to find out which mouthwashes are best for your teeth.
- Eat Right – Diet can also play a key role in the health of your teeth By eating a balanced diet, you are making sure that your teeth and gums get important nutrients, like calcium, that help keep your teeth strong. It is also a good idea to avoid excess sugar, as sugar feeds bacteria that causes acid to damage your teeth. Eating healthy can also reduce the risk of GERD, also known as acid reflux, which can cause damage to the teeth.
- See Your Dentist Regularly – No matter how well you brush or floss, you’re bound to have some plaque and bacterial buildup in your mouth. It is recommended that you see your dentist at least every six months to make sure that your teeth are healthy. Check-ups and professional cleanings will help you prevent cavities, reduce tooth decay, and make sure your teeth look their best.
Taking care of your teeth can not only help you improve the look of your smile – it can also improve your overall health, and your ability to fight gum disease, tooth decay, and other issues that can cause immense pain and discomfort. Before, during, and after your Invisalign treatment in Orange County, make sure that you prioritize and optimize your oral health.