7 Facts About Invisalign
Invisalign is, by far, one of the most popular orthodontic treatments in Orange County and across the United States. At Remarkable Smiles in Mission Viejo, California, most of our patients come in asking about Invisalign first, before they consider any other treatments.
Any time a treatment is that sought after, it helps to understand more about it. The following are some Invisalign facts to consider to help you determine if it is the right procedure for you.
- Invisalign is Not Just For Smiles – Invisalign can also be used to correct bad bites, fix overbites and underbites, and possibly prevent or reduce TMJ.
- You Can Eat Anything (With a Catch) – Many patients prefer Invisalign because it doesn’t come with any food limitations. There is nothing you cannot eat. But it should be noted that any time you eat or drink (other than water), you have to take the aligners out and brush your teeth and your aligners thoroughly. So while the ability to eat anything is a nice perk, it shouldn’t be your primary focus.
- Invisalign Trays Are Changed Every 2 Weeks – No matter how long your treatment, each tray must be changed in and out every two weeks exactly. It helps to pick a day of the week and note it on your calendar so you don’t forget.
- Aligners are Safe and BPA Free – For a while there was a rumor that the aligners had particles that could be unsafe, but this was a myth. Invisalign aligners are BPA free, so you can safely place them in your mouth.
- Invisalign is for Mild to Moderate Misalignment – Severe alignment problems often benefit from other treatments, but many bite problems can be fixed with Invisalign. Always speak with an orthodontist to see which treatment is best for you.
- Staining and Tooth Decay Risk Are Reduced – Conventional braces are extremely hard to clean, and can result in tooth staining and tooth decay. Although you do need to make sure you care for your teeth often, you are at less risk for tooth damage with Invisalign.
- There Are Fewer Orthodontic Visits – As long as nothing happens to any of your trays, it is not as important for you to visit the orthodontist as often as it is with metal braces. It is estimated that you need only 4 to 6 visits for most patients.
Invisalign is an immensely popular treatment in Orange County. But it is also one of many treatments. When you visit us here at ReMarkable Smiles, we’ll make sure that Invisalign is the best option for you, and make sure you’re as informed as possible about how it works. Please call us today at 949-770-8011.